Thursday, May 30, 2019

Weeks 12-24: Nepal, Thailand, China, DC, NRG, Hawaii..

Thailand beaches ain't bad

Writing this in Australia now, and am currently visiting family in Melbourne. The past few months have been such a whirlwind of experiences. From trekking in the Khumbu to graduating from Georgetown; I couldn't have imagined where I would be just a few months ago. 



Nepal was an incredible experience - unreal mountains. I will definitely come back for climbing next time. It was seriously tough to walk by mountains and not climb; like talk about a strip tease! I did the 3 passes trek and EBC then ran down to Namche in a day = got a chest infection. The initial plan was to do the Annapurna circuit too, but decided to cancel that portion of the trip and head to Thailand. 

Lukla Airport
"Jeffrey" the mountain dog
Everest Memorial

Beaches in Thailand were beautiful and a great place to recover from being sick. Rock climbing in Tonsai after a 3 week break was humbling, but an incredible venue. Just imagine beachside routes, deep water soloing, and a bar rapping distance from the crag - would definitely return. 
DWS crew

Tonsai Bay

View from Freedom Bar
Headed to China for a week to spend some time touring around Shanghai with family and gain back the weight I lost in Nepal/Thailand. Thanks Mom and Dad :)
Shintori

Bella Napoli

El Willy 
Magirock Shanghai

The Bund

Flew back to DC to meet up with some old friends, graduate from Georgetown, and of course visit the New. It was fun catching up with friends and "officially" graduating. Some would say it's the end of an era, but those who really know me know that I've always put climbing first, and somethings will never change.
Back to the OG MB

Graduation
FJR reunion 


Hawaii was a blast. Catching up with my childhood best friend Sam, and my WFR amigo Ian was among the highlights. Also managed to climb and hike everyday I was there, sometimes multiple times a day! Super stoked to fly through Honolulu on my way back from Australia. Met so many awesome people in Oahu and so thankful for all the hospitality.

Koko Head at sunrise

Lanikai Beach

Rainforests

Waimea Bay

3 peaks with Sam!





*So incredibly grateful to all the friends I've met and caught up with on this trip so far, my family, and all the remarkable people who make up the climbing community. I don't often get to say this, but I love you guys so much. Climbing is definitely the love of my life right now, but I couldn't imagine it without you people. So cheesy, but that needed to be said.

Headed to the Grampians and the Blue mountains this week, stoked to continue this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment