Sunday, August 11, 2019

Weeks 29-32: Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, Canada

Woah it's August, and real life is an impending concern. Thankfully, it's not September yet.


So far -
Been stoked on climbing but also feeling a bit of burn out
Been thinking a lot about what to do with my life
Been happy meeting up with friends on the road
Been feeling like I'm on a good path
Been on this journey to nowhere and that's cool


Spent the past month climbing around in the Tetons, Eldorado Canyon, Clear Creek, the Sinks, Gallatin Canyon, the Bugaboos, and many other random crags. It's crazy how good the climbing has been, probably climbed/scrambled up more vertical feet of rock in the past 4 weeks than any other period of my life. 

Honestly, all this climbing has made me appreciate not climbing sometimes. I hate to say it but it's kind of nice to do nothing. So thankful for friends I have made who can deal with this polarity.
I think life is all about finding that balance and I think I'm either on one end or the other end of that spectrum. Either sleeping on my crashpad in a parking lot, or sleeping in a 5 star hotel. Either climbing and scaring myself shitless or not climbing at all. Either eating ramen noodles or charcuterie. I think when you know the spectrum, you begin to appreciate every little part of life more. Things are never that bad/great, but when they are; at least you know. 

I think after the past 8 months of traveling, I am ready to start "real" life; work actually sounds exciting. Living in one place for more than a week or two sounds like a dream. So incredibly happy to be soon living near some of my best friends, my favorite climbing areas, and the ocean.

Trip is slowly coming to a close, heading to squampton this week for one last hurrah.

cue: Champagne Supernova, Oasis

Photos from the past few weeks - 





















Lastly, so thankful for friends
Thanks Alex for picking me up after my car broke down in Colorado
Thanks Garrett for waiting for me when I lost my phone in the Tetons
Thanks Dayton for some great meals and climbs
Thanks Sean for the rad belays and stoke
Thanks Sam for the Dr Phil sessions and sharing that Tao
Thanks Neli for spotting me at SPB  
Thanks Emily, Alex, Vanessa, Joelle, Cassidy, for taking those random calls at odd hours

Thanks for the support Mom/Dad/Stephen familia <3 3="" div="" see="" soon="" u="">







No comments:

Post a Comment